The Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Riflescope is from a well-known American legend who offers a great array of optical, functional and mechanical features. Redfield 3×9 scope is the hunter’s pick if you are looking for a simple, streamlined and compact scope.
If you are looking for a scope that will give you long-range accuracy then the Redfield 3×9 scope might be the one for you. Read this Redfield Revolution review to find out about some great features of this scope.
List of Contents
The Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm Riflescope Review:
- Made in Oregon, America, this scope weighs 12.6 ounces and with its matte black finish it surprisingly blends in with almost any rifle by reflecting the color of the rifle which makes it more than a mechanical fit for your scope. Aesthetics aside, Redfield 3×9 scope more than holds its own against elements. In addition to being waterproof and fog proof, it is also shock-proof.
- If you can spend a little bit more than you would spend for a budget scope then the Redfield 3×9 scope offers a great deal for the insignificant difference you are willing to spend to break out of the budget price range.
- To differentiate the quality of the lenses one can boldly compare this Revolutions lens quality to other high priced Leupold models. Except you only have to pay about half the price you would pay for a Leupold. Yes, the quality of the lens is that much good. It is very clear and in addition, the RTA or Rapid Target Acquisition eyepiece features helps to align your eye with the eyepiece very fast.
- This scope also offers a great level of eye relief, this could be good when you are using powerful heavier recoiling round or hunting uphill. And with cutting edge vapor-deposition coatings, the premium lenses offer great light transmission even in the low light conditions. The Redfield Revolution is very easy to zero, and the manual with your weapon includes details instructions.
- The magnification ring is located in front of the rear eyepiece and to create friction, it has a series of serration. This provides you with a sweet grip when you start rotating the dial, so even with gloves or with sweaty hands, it is very easy to use the magnification ring. As the ring moves, it glides and it is extremely simple. In easy to see white lettering, the rating of the magnification is written on the tube of the scope.
- It doesn’t have a parallax adjustment knob, and it couldn’t be expected in a budget optic. But then again it’s not really necessary unless the scope is ten or more power. At 150 yards, the scope is expected to be parallax free and most shooters will solve the issue by exercising the basics of grip and cheek weld.
- The picture through the scope is very clear and as mentioned before the glass is pretty similar to Leupold. It wouldn’t be easy to know the difference between them. The reticle is simple, the crosshair has a small circle around it, and beneath it, there is a small ranging circle.
- The crosshair is really thin making it easy for you to see targets at longer ranges. With this, you can shoot down small targets at 100 yards with ease and you could see them clearly without having any reticle obstruction. Even at 500 yards, it should be easy to see and hit your targets.
- The transition from target is pretty easy at different ranges. This becomes possible because of the Accu-Range reticle. The center reticle is made for 200 yards shot, the bottom of the circle aims for 300 yards, a dot underneath is for 400 yards and finally, beneath the dot there’s a small triangle, the tip of the triangle is for 500 yards.
- This may sound complex, but once you get behind the reticle you will find out how simple it is. If you still don’t understand it, learning it is easy and it wouldn’t take much time.
Оbјесtіvе Dіаmеtеr: 40 mm
Роwеr Vаrіаbіlіtу: Vаrіаblе
Lеngth/Wеіght/Тubе Dіаmеtеr: 12.3 іnсhеѕ/12.6 оunсеѕ/1 іnсh
Еуе Rеlіеf/Ехіt Рuріl: 3.7 – 4.2 іnсhеѕ/4.7 – 12.1 mm
Fіеld оf Vіеw: 13.1 – 32.9 fееt/100 уаrdѕ
Rеtісlе: 4-Рlех, Ассu-Rаngе
Орtісѕ Соаtіngѕ: Мultі-соаtеd
Аdјuѕtmеnt Іnfо: 1/4 МОА/Сlісk
Fіnіѕh: Вlасk Маttе
Раrаllах Ѕеttіng: Fасtоrу-ѕеt 150 уаrdѕ
- Setting it up is extremely easy
- Crisp, clear and undistorted lenses
- Waterproof, fog proof and shockproof
- Very durable
- The matte black appearance blends in with a lot of firearms
- Offers accuracy and precision over short-range and long-range use
- Brilliant coating quality
- RTA technology
- Unbeatable price
- The tube of the scope might be a bit short for some rifles
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a mid-range priced scope with superior long-range accuracy then the Redfield 3×9 scope is for you. It also offers great short-range performance, especially considering most long-range scopes are built for long-range operation and provide less clarity over shorter distances. In addition to quality lenses, it also has some great features to make your hunting more easy and enjoyable. And with its matte black color, this rugged scope is likely to suit most of the firearms. And its price tag is something unbeatable. An incredibly versatile scope in that price is really great.
Q: Are Redfield scopes any good?
A: The scopes from Redfield’s are pretty great. The offer great scopes at a very reasonable price. And the quality of their product is also great. If you are looking for a good scope in a budget then Redfield scopes might be for you.
Q: Who bought Redfield scopes?
A: During their day Redfield was popular for their high-quality optics and it was one of the well-known optics companies in America. Although they produced quality optics, unfortunately, they eventually closed their doors. But in 2008 legendary optics company Leupold bought the company and their door opened again.
Q: Do Redfield scopes have a lifetime warranty?
A: Yes, the Redfield scopes have a lifetime warranty. They will repair or replace defective products with a new item at their option.
You may like this review: