VORTEX 4-16×50 Viper HS optics are very popular in the outdoor world because of their craftsmanship, quality, durability and most of all, their warranty on all the products. Vortex 4-16×50 Viper HS is one such product.
The LR stands for long-range which in today’s shooting world, is a pretty common term. The vortex 4-16X50 viper is a favorite for shooters and hunters alike. Although it cost a hefty price, a scope of this quality is really great for extreme distances. Read our vortex viper HS 4-16X50 review to learn why you really need VORTEX 4-16X50 Viper HS.
List of Contents
VORTEX 4-16×50 VIPER HS REVIEW:
XD Lens Elements: XD or Extra-low dispersion glass enhances color fidelity and resolution, resulting in sharp, crisp images.
XR Fully Multi-coated: Exclusive coatings enhance light transmission with various anti-reflective coatings on all air to glass surfaces.
Second Focal Plane Reticle: Reticle’s scale maintains a similar ideally-sized appearance.
Single-piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for optimum visual performance and improved accuracy, and ensures waterproofness and strength.
Size of the Tube: 30mm diameter.
Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Built form a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum which makes it strong and rigid.
Waterproof: O-ring seals averts dust, debris, and moisture from penetrating the riflescope ensuring reliable performance in all environments.
Fogproof: Argon gas purging averts internal fogging throughout a wide range of temperatures.
Shockproof: Rugged structure withstands impact and recoil.
Hard-Anodized Finish: The low-glare matte finish is highly durable and helps to camouflage the position of the shooter.
ArmorTek: Scratch resistant, ultra-hard coating shields exterior lenses from oil, dirt, and scratches.
Tactical Elevation Turret: Exposed elevation turret offers fast, easily read and accurate elevation adjustments.
Side Focus: Adjustment is positioned on the left side of the riflescope and it is easy to access from the shooting position. It provides parallax removal and optimal image focus.
- VORTEX 4-16×50 Viper HS is an evolutionary upgrade. It offers the shooter or hunter an array of features that are surely going to make their life easier. It features an optical system highlighted with a 4X zoom range that allows magnification versatility and pulls you closer to your target.
- The eye box is ultra-friendly with enhanced eye relief that gets a hunter or shooter on target easily as well as quickly. Built on an ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube, the vortex HS LR 4-16X50 provides enhanced windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment.
- This riflescope has an exposed target-style elevation turret designed for dialing elevation at expanded ranges. And with the Vortex Customizable Rotational Stop or CRS zero stop you can get back to referencing zero even after going up several revolutions on the turret.
- Now mix all that with 75 MOA of elevation travel and you get a perfect rifle scope for dialing precision long-range shots. The capped windage turret maintains the sleek lines of the scope and prevents it from hanging up on rifle cases, clothing, or pack scabbards.
- Vortex 4-16×50 Viper HS is available along with the Vortex Dead-Hold BDC Reticle. Its customized hashmark feature helps exclude guesswork on holdover and windage corrections. It is good for shooting and hunting at unpredictable ranges where guessing holdover is a concern.
- SFP or Second focal plane reticles are positioned near the eyepiece of the scope behind the image magnifying and erecting lenses. When you change the magnification, this type of reticle does not visually differ in size and this SFP reticle’s advantage is that it always maintains a similar appearance. And its Fast focus eyepiece provides easy and quick reticle focusing.
- The advanced optical system features XD glass that delivers an image that is clear and sharp from edge to edge. The XR multi-coated lenses offer increased light transmission and maximum brightness which allows you to catch the most light from dawn till dusk.
- The exterior lenses of the scope are protected from scratch, oils, and dirt by scratch-resistant, ultra-hard Armortek coatings. And the Argon purging provides waterproof and fog-proof performance allowing you to shoot in different environments. Vortex 4-16×50 Viper HS looks awesome with a hard-anodized matte black finish and it’s extremely durable too.
INTERNAL MECHANISM DESIGN FEATURES:
CRS Zero Stop: CRS or Customizable Rotational Stop helps in the return to zero after temporary elevation correction dialing.
Precision-Force Spring System: In the erector-spring system it uses premium components to ensure ease of adjustment and maximum repeatability.
Precision-Glide Erector System: In the zoom lens mechanism it uses premium components to ensure smooth magnification changes under the toughest conditions.
MAG-View Fiber Optic: Provides a highly visible point of reference for the magnification setting.
Radius Bar: Fiber optic turret rotation indicator gives a tactile and highly visible reference point for turret rotations.
Fast Focus Eyepiece: Allows easy and quick reticle focusing.
Magnification: 4-16 X
Eye Relief: 4.0 inches
Objective Lens Diameter: 50 mm
Field of View: 27.4-7.4 feet/100 yards
Tube Size: 30 mm
Turret Style: Capped windage Tactical Elevation CRS Zero Stop
Adjustment Graduation: 1/4 MOA click windage, 1/2 MOA click elevation
Travel per Rotation: 12 MOA windage, 24 MOA elevation
Max Windage Adjustment: 50 MOA
Max Elevation Adjustment: 75 MOA
Parallax Setting: 50 yards to Infinity
Weight: 21.4 ounces
Length: 13.7 inches
- Precision-Glide Erector System for super smooth power transition in any hunting condition.
- 1/4 MOA positive clicks for windage and 1/2 MOA clicks for elevation adjustments, resettable to zero with exposed elevation turret.
- Customizable Rotational Stop (CRS) for easy zero-reset turrets to get back to your original zero.
- Extra Low Dispersion (XD) glass with XR fully multi-coated lens for excellent color resolution and fidelity.
- Second Focal Plane reticle for minimal subtension qualities.
- Fast focus eyepiece for speedy target acquisition.
- Rugged construction, Argon gas, and O ring seals ensure Viper scopes are waterproof, fog proof, and shock proof.
- Backed by Vortex’s no question’s asked warranty.
Vortex 4-16X50 viper comes with some pretty premium features at a very reasonable price. This rugged scope can cope with tough environments and it also has great features that will make your shooting and hunting much easier and enjoyable. We have included those features in our Vortex 4-16×50 Viper HS review to help you decide if this one is for you.
Their range of products is quite broad and if you are looking to include their product to your hunting or shooting, you can count on one thing, they have got one or a number of models to suit your needs.
What is different about the HS line and the standard Viper line?
The Vortex Optics HS line is intended to replace the regular Viper series. The Viper series had 1-inch tube bodies and a basic adjustment system.
The HS line is better suited for hunters that want the 30mm tube body, zero reset turrets, exposed tactical elevation turret, and a fiber optic radius bar.
Q: What is Vortex Viper scope?
A: Vortex Viper scope is on of the best high performance shooting scope. That gives you versatile shooting experiences.
Q: Which Vortex scope is best?
A: With the right scope form Vortex optics, there’s a lot you can do. The company has a reputation for producing the best scopes on the market right now. So it goes without saying that, there are a lot of great scopes from Vortex so it’s not easy to single one out. The above-mentioned Vortex 4-16×50 Viper HS is one of the best. But you should always consider the one that suits your needs.
Q: What does 4 16×50 mean on a scope?
A: The numbers on a rifle scope could be confusing at a first look but they are actually very easy to understand. The first number 4 means the minimum magnification level that the scope offers. The second number 16 means the maximum magnification level. And the 50 mm after the X denotes the objective lens diameter in mm. (The number before the X always refers to the power range or magnification power and the number after the X refers to the size of the objective lens in mm.)
Q: What is the range of a 4 16X50 scope?
A: On the Sniper 4 16X50mm Riflescope the 50mm objective lens provides the zoom capabilities from 4X to 16X. This offers a nice range of magnification which allows you to shoot out to 400 yards or further.
Q: How far can you see with 4 16X50 Scope?
A: Best for general shooting, rapid-firing or shooting of moving targets. With easily adjustable 4-16 magnifications and distances. you can target successfully upto 100 yards.
Q: Is a 50 mm scope better than 40 mm?
A: Although a 50mm objective transmits 55% or so more light than a 40mm objective. You will get strength, lower cost, less weight, and greater depth of field with the 40mm objective.